Over the past few months, we've teamed up with competitive intelligence and lead generation provider SimilarTech to conduct research on the trends that shaped the marketing automation landscape in 2016.
The report findings are based on data scanned from 100 million websites and focuses on the top six software and technology marketing automation companies:
When we set off the conduct the report it was only natural to team up with the SimilarTech team.
SimilarTech is a competitive intelligence and lead generation tool that tracks technology adoption and usage analytics in real-time. The company was founded in June 2014 by Yaniv Hadad and Eyal Weiss, two former software engineers from SimilarWeb, with business insights expert and serial entrepreneur, Chen Levanon joining in 2016.
SimilarTech's technology and analysis tool provides business insights through website crawling. This technology allows users to spot trends, research the market, generate leads and prospects by providing information like technologies used on a particular website, revealing a specific technology's use throughout various websites, or tracking and listing an entire category of web technologies.
Some of the report highlights
- the six biggest technologies hold over 57% of the market share.
- The total number of websites using marketing automation technologies in 2016 has increased to 482,765.
- Hubspot was found to have the largest market share in 2016 (21%).
- Marketing automation is most popular among B2B companies.
- Most Billion dollar companies (enterprises) use Marketo
- Pardot has seen the largest growth in 2016 with an astonishing increase of 108.9%. The rest of the six dominant technologies averaged a growth of 48%.
Click below to view the full report